As a website owner, I’m constantly looking for the finest website builder to construct and design my site. There are two really popular page builders in the WordPress universe: Elementor and WPBakery Page Builder.
So, the main question is, which one is the best match for you? In this discussion, I’ll compare Elementor vs WPBakery Page Builder and help you decide which one to choose.
Before we dive into the comparison, let’s take a quick overview of Elementor and WPBakery Page Builder.
Elementor is a WordPress page builder plugin that enables you to create personalized pages and posts without any coding skills.
Featuring a user-friendly drag-and-drop interface, Elementor also offers a collection of pre-designed templates and a live preview function, allowing you to view changes as they happen in real-time.
This versatile plugin is available in both a free version and a paid version with additional advanced features.
WPBakery Page Builder
WPBakery Page Builder, previously known as Visual Composer, is a widely-used page builder for WordPress.
Featuring a user-friendly drag-and-drop interface, it offers various elements and templates to assist you in designing your website.
Now let’s compare Elementor vs WPBakery Page Builder in terms of features, ease of use, price, and support.
- Responsive Design: Create mobile-friendly and responsive websites that look great on any device
- Theme Builder: Customize your entire site’s design, including headers, footers, and single post layouts
- Popup Builder: Design popups with advanced targeting options to increase conversions and engagement
- WooCommerce Builder: Build customized online stores with Elementor’s WooCommerce integration
- Dynamic Content: Display and style dynamic content from custom fields and post types using Elementor’s widgets
- Motion Effects: Add animations and interactive elements to your website for a more engaging user experience
- Global Fonts & Colors: Easily set and manage consistent typography and colors throughout your website
- Marketing Integrations: Connect your site to popular marketing tools, like Mailchimp and HubSpot, for improved user engagement and lead generation
- Developer API: Extend Elementor’s functionality with custom widgets and extensions using the developer-friendly API
WPBakery Page Builder's features:
- Frontend and Backend Editors: Allows users to modify pages in real time using the frontend editor or through the backend using the traditional WordPress interface.
- Template Library: Provides a selection of ready-to-use templates to help in page design.
- Responsive Design: Ensures that WPBakery Page Builder-created websites are mobile-friendly and adjust to multiple screen widths.
- Content components: A broad range of content components, including as text blocks, photos, icons, and buttons, are available to help you design distinctive and useful sites.
- Custom CSS: Allows users to contribute custom CSS code to specific components or the entire page for more customisation.
- Design Options: Offers advanced design options like margins, paddings, background colors, and borders to style each content element.
- Save and Reuse: Enables users to save layouts, sections, or individual elements as templates and reuse them in other parts of the website or on different projects.
- Multilingual and RTL Support: Supports multiple languages and right-to-left (RTL) text direction, making it suitable for a global audience.
- Extendable with Add-ons: WPBakery Page Builder can be extended with a variety of add-ons to enhance functionality and features.
- Professional Support: Offers dedicated customer support to help users resolve any issues they may encounter.
When comparing Elementor vs WPBakery Page Builder, Elementor has a slight advantage with its additional features like Popup Builder, WooCommerce Builder, and dynamic content widgets.
However, WPBakery offers a wider range of design options, including custom CSS and multilingual support. Ultimately, the choice between the two page builders comes down to personal preference and specific website requirements.
Ease of Use
Both Elementor and WPBakery Page Builder are easy to use, but Elementor has a more user-friendly interface.
With Elementor, you can effortlessly move and place the elements you want to use, and the live preview feature allows you to see how your website looks in real-time.
WPBakery Page Builder also has a move-and-place interface, but the learning curve might be a bit steeper for beginners.
Elementor offers a free version as well as a Pro version. The Pro version starts at $59 per year for one website and offers additional features such as theme builder and popup builder.
WPBakery Page Builder is a premium plugin, and the price starts at $59 for a single website license. However, it is also included in some premium WordPress themes, so you may not need to purchase it separately.
Both Elementor and WPBakery Page Builder offer documentation, video tutorials, and support forums to help you get started. Elementor also offers live chat support for Pro users, while WPBakery Page Builder offers email support.
Both Elementor vs WPBakery Page Builder are excellent page builders for WordPress
The right choice depends on your needs and preferences.
Elementor has a more user-friendly interface and offers additional features such as the WooCommerce builder and popup builder.
WPBakery Page Builder may be a better option if you’re looking for a page builder that is included in some premium WordPress themes.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no straightforward answer to this question, as both WPBakery Page Builder and Elementor have their strengths and weaknesses. WPBakery Page Builder may be a better option if it’s included in some premium WordPress themes you’re interested in, while Elementor has a more user-friendly interface and offers additional features such as the WooCommerce builder and popup builder. Ultimately, the choice between the two depends on your needs and preferences.
There are several page builders for WordPress that are comparable to Elementor, such as Divi Builder, Beaver Builder, and Thrive Architect. The choice between them depends on your specific needs and preferences, as each has its own set of features and pros and cons.
Elementor is widely regarded as one of the best page builders for WordPress, thanks to its user-friendly interface, extensive range of features, and flexibility. However, whether it’s the best page builder for your needs depends on your specific requirements and preferences.
Whether you should use Elementor depends on your needs and preferences. If you’re looking for a user-friendly page builder with an extensive range of features and flexibility, Elementor may be a good choice. However, if you’re comfortable with coding or are looking for a more basic page builder, there may be other options that better suit your needs. It’s worth trying out a few different page builders to see which one works best for you.